What is Frankincense?March 10, 2022
Frankincense symbolises Divinity & Purity
Frankincense, also known as olibanum, is the dried sap of trees in the Boswellia genus, particularly Boswellia sacra. These trees grow in Oman, Yemen, and the Horn of Africa, including Somalia and Ethiopia. When dried, the sap is burned as resin pebbles or incense.
The highest quality frankincense is silvery and clear, or with a slight green tinge. Brown-yellow frankincense is the most readily available and the cheapest type.
Pure, natural frankincense is used to cleanse the air and strengthen the spirit.
Uses of Frankincense
- Gives an exquisite perfume when burned.
- Its aroma creates a calming and soothing atmosphere and is a very effective remedy for easing stress and tension. It reduces muscle tension and provides a sense of comfort and warmth.
- Used in meditation, ceremonies, prayers, and healing.
- Has properties that help kill bacteria.
- Has strong anti-inflammatory properties that could make it a natural remedy for arthritis.
- A natural air deodoriser, removing smells such as food, animal and tobacco..